20+ Ways to Earn Extra Money
Money, its that one thing that there never seems to be enough of.
I am the king of all penny pinchers, but even I can only stretch a dollar so far. At some point there has to be more pennies to pinch. Which brings us to the idea behind this post.
One thing that stands out to me is, wise spending is only one side of the coin. Creatively generating income is the other trick. I have been watching and I see people who are amazing at this. My wonderful wife for example, she quit work to stay at home with our two small children. We already spend wisely, live on a budget, blah blah blah. So, in order for her to do the extra things she likes to do, she has come up with many creative ways to make pennies. She babysits for a mother in our neighborhood who works part time. She also cleans an office building twice a week. This is evenings, so I can have the kids. She randomly cleans for people, or teaches online from home. She recovered a set of dining room chairs and sold them, (this was really lucrative).
Different people have different interests, however sitting in front of the TV every spare second does not count as an interest!
If you work hard and do good work, people pay good money.
Here are a few ways to make extra money to supplement your income:
- Mow lawns
- Buy and sell – Garage shop, go to auctions and buy what you know is under valued and resell it on Craigslist/Ebay/Amazon
- Deliver Pizza
- Clean houses
- Haul Stuff – Got a truck or trailer? Put it to good use on the weekend or week nights.
- Walk dogs
- House sit
- Open an online store – Etsy, Zazzle and CafePress among others including Amazon and Ebay.
- Teach English as a second language online
- Tutor College or High School students
- Work as a customer service rep from home
- Rent a room
- Baby Sit
- Server/Waiter/Waitress – Depending on your current job, you may be able to find a 2nd temp job waiting tables or washing dishes.
- Online Surveys
- Freelance Copywriter
- Teach – A class, music lesson, swim lessons ect…What are you skilled at?
- Take Pictures – There are many types of photography gigs you can take if you have a good eye and a camera.
- Stage a house – When selling a house staging it properly can make a sale go much quicker!
- Become a translator
- Transcribing medical records
See an idea in the list that may interests you? Perhaps find a niche area which you can master or become an expert in, and hence be able to charge more money.
Do you have a money making idea? Please add it in a comment below and we’ll add it to this list.